Parent Code of Conduct
· I will never ridicule or yell at my child or another participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
· I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will not be defeated by the outcome of any game.
· I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches, who give their time for the benefit of my child.
· I will make sure that my child arrives for scheduled games and practices at the time designated by the coach.
· I will understand team objectives and goals as it relates to development.
· I will encourage open communication (Player-Coach-Parent).
· I realize that the team or club can be penalized for my misconduct. If required, I and any of my guests must obey a request by an official or coach to leave the vicinity of the field.
· I realize any misconduct on my part (or a guest of mine) may result in a hearing and possible disciplinary action and can result in immediate lost of club eligibility for my child and myself.
· I will not interrupt a coach during a game or practice to resolve troublesome issues. I will discuss these issues privately and discreetly with the coach and if this is not prudent or satisfactory I will contact the appropriate official in the Club.
· I will inform the coach of any injury or physical disability that may affect the safety of my child or other children.
· I will learn the rules of the game and policies of my club and league.
· At all times I will support all players on the team.
· I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays by my child's team and their opponents.
· I will never question the officials judgment or honesty
· I will support all efforts to eliminate verbal and physical abuse from the game of soccer.
· I will not give instructions to players - that is the coach's role.
· I will help maintain a positive environment.
· I will make my child feel like a winner by offering praise for competing fairly and doing their best.
· I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility, intimidation or violence.
I have read the Code of Conduct detailed above and by signing below, I agree I understand what I have read and will abide by the terms in this document
Parent Signature (s): ________________________________________________
Date : ________________________